Monday 28 January 2013

Nerf Magstrike AS-10 Review

Hi guys,

2 days ago I went on holidays and on the way back I picked up  Nerf Magstrike at Kmart for $15. I was intrigued by the blaster and had never seen it before and as an added bonus it was on sale!!!

Let me first define what the blaster is. The Nerf Magstrike AS-10 is a rapid fire air blaster that can shoot continuously without batteries. It is dangerous to underestimate it in Nerf wars as it can be used for a quick getaway or close confrontation (such as an ambush). 

So here are some pics of me opening the blaster!!



So here is the blaster unopened:
Looks pretty promising. Could probably put an rscb in it with a bbumb (BuzzBee Ultimate Missile Blast) tank or simply by more mags :).

Here it is outside the box!! Soo happy right now!!

Other side: (Note that the darts are orange for the majority of the dart instead of being black for the base that is shown on the box)



Back of the box shows us that it can give us a 10 dart burst (chuckles)


Out of the plastic now!!! Finally I get my hands on the blaster!!


Now for the review!!

The factors I will be reviewing it from are as follows:
  1. Range
  2. Accuracy
  3. Usefulness
  4. Rate of fire (ROF)
  5. Value for money
  6. Capacity

Range

The range of the Nerf Magstrike AS-10 can shoot pretty far at a distance of 9-11m (30-35 feet) which is great for a stock blaster that doesn't use batteries. But you can also attribute that to the whistlers as whistlers are good darts to use.

Rating: 9/10


Accuracy

The accuracy of the Nerf Magstrike AS-10 is uncanny. I've used it when playing with my brother and it is just unbelievable. Fast, accurate and safe to use!!! I would give it an 8 as it is so good for a rapid-fire blaster as most rapid-fire blasters you would expect that they have a wide spread (for the darts).

Rating: 8/10

Usefulness

In a Nerf war this blaster would be very useful although you would need more clips or RSCBing it would be nice. Clips are expensive as you have to buy another Magstrike to get a clip. What I think Nerf should do is include one more clip or a clip pack. That would be great. As  for in Nerf wars, I haven't used it yet as I haven't had the chance to go to any but I might test it out with VelocityTag's darts (specially made darts to increase performance but still safe to use, website is offline still but purchases can be made through eBay by looking up "VelocityTag" or going on the oznerf.forumotion.com forums and looking in the trading section and you'll find it there)

It would be very effective as a getaway blaster or ambush blaster in Nerf wars as it has a high ROF (Rate of fire) and you can reload it easily (that's if you have the clips).

I would give it a 7/10 for usefulness.

Rate of fire (ROF)

The ROF of this blaster is just amazing!! Comparable to a Nerf Stampede!! It just blew me away when I fired it for the first time!! It is so fast and accurate as I mentioned before. 

I would give it a 10/10 for ROF.

Value for money

The value of this blaster is usually $25-$30 bnib (brand new in box) but I got it for $15 as it was on clearance at Kmart. Well I live in Australia so I'm not sure about the USA as the USA may have discontinued this blaster for some other reason.

 I would give the price for this blaster a 9/10 as it is bang for your buck!!

Capacity

The capacity of this blaster is only 10 darts but you can always buy more magazines although that'll be expensive even with the clearances going on. But if you like this blaster then I would get the magazines as it's just so much fun!!

Rating: 7/10


Conclusion

Total rating 44/50

The Nerf Magstrike is a great blaster and can be used quickly to get a quick getaway or ambush.


Test fire



Thanks for reading my Nerf Blog. Please check out my other articles. And remember to keep on Nerfing.


Signing off,

Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment